Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The "Junk" Professor

One of my favorite things with small Heathens is their inability to pronounce certain words.  Heathen #3 definitely takes the prize for this one.  He listens so carefully when people pronounce things and he pays attention to pronunciation.  Usually he does a fantastic job.  He was one of the only toddlers I know (along with his brothers) who could pronounce onomatopoeia correctly!

I took a new job (actually two) in January.  I joined the faculty at UPJ and at Penn Highlands as an adjunct instructor.  So far, I'm loving it.

The best part is listening to Heathen #3 tell people that his mother is a "junk" professor.  Despite many attempts and lots of practice on his part, it just does NOT come out as "adjunct."  At least I know I have a unique position!

No comments: