Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cookies with the Cousins

The hardest part of Christmas, in my humble opinion, has always been to find shopping or free time that is Heathen-free.  The Heathens are ALWAYS around!  In hopes of giving other the needed free time, I initiated "Cookies with Cousins" this December.  The Heathens were joined by 5 additional small children for the afternoon, freeing up their mothers for some shopping time.

I decided that we were going to decorate sugar cookies.  And like every true woman...  I ORDERED them from the local Eat N'Park (without icing).  I knew if I tried to make them myself, it would only be a huge disaster.  I even cheated and purchased the colored icing instead of making it.  I also had enough sprinkles of various types to keep all the little munchkins and Heathens happy!

After they each decorated their cookies, they headed to the basement to watch old Christmas movies.  They had a great time that afternoon and were all on a complete sugar high when their mothers came to pick them up!  Aunt Dani strikes again!

 Baby What

 Gertrude

 Illy Grace

 Heathen #3

 Heathen #1

 Heathen #2

 Skinny Minnie

No comments: