Monday, February 25, 2008

Round and Round We Go!

It was another busy - but enjoyable - weekend at our zoo. After our Friday snow day (hurray!), the Asst. Zookeeper took Heathen #2 snowboarding for the evening. Heathens #1 and #3 stayed at the zoo with me. We ordered pizza and ate from paper plates - high style as always. :)

While the boys played Friday evening, I sewed a gingerbread cookie costume for Heathen #2's ballet company. Two weeks ago, an email went out to all the Grade 1 mothers - "Does anyone know how to sew who is willing to help make the costumes? They will be simple." Stupid me. I volunteered. I thought I was volunteering to help. Trouble is, no one else volunteered to help. So Friday night I sewed and I actually enjoyed it. I haven't taken the time to sew in years - since I was pregnant with Heathen #3 actually. I'm actually looking forward to doing it now.

Saturday morning, the Heathens all slept in - bless them! Heathen #2 had ballet at 1 and Heathen #1 went sled riding at a friend's house. Then we packed the Heathens into the van and went to my mother's house for dinner to celebrate my birthday. Chocolate cake with peanut butter icing! Life is good!

Sunday was the FUN day. It started as all Sundays do - getting everyone up and ready for Sunday School. Only, for the first time ever, I let my boys wear jeans and sneakers to church. That's what I wore as well. I felt really weird doing it and I was conscious of it the whole time. Talk about being trained to one way of thinking!

As soon as Sunday School was over, we drove home and picked up the Asst. Zookeeper. Then we met the whole family at BIL#1's house (that would be "brother-in-law" - the Asst. Zookeeper's older brother) and headed for Pittsburgh Mills Mall. By saying "the whole family," I do mean the whole family. Our zoo of 5, BIL#1's family of 4, BIL#2's family of 3, the INLAWS themselves, and the GRAND INLAWS as well. It was a convoy of four vehicles.

We went to play glow-in-the-dark miniature golf for BIL#1's 30th birthday. It was awesome and the kids had a great time! Afterward we went to the food court to have birthday cookie-cake. And then the kids all had the ride on the carousel that was in the food court.

The GRAND INLAWS wanted to pay for the kids to ride the carousel. And then looked completely content watching the kids go round and round in circles. These are the GRAND INLAWS. Nana and Pap.
Here are my Heathens and a few of their cousins:


And, of course, you have to enjoy watching them go round and round and round and round and....

No comments: