Monday, October 24, 2011

Wedding Aftermath

We survived the wedding.  Despite the crazy New Jersey traffic, extended time in the car and with family, etc., we survived.

Did I mention I broke my ankle?  At my sister's reception, BEFORE drinking anything.  That is true talent.

While sitting in my chair at the dinner table, somehow I managed to get the heel of my shoe tangled in my dress.  The dresses were floor-length (or almost considering that I was the Amazon again).


Not realizing that my shoe was tangled in my dress, I attempted to stand up quickly and chase after a Heathen.  He wasn't in trouble.  I was being silly and teasing him.  It didn't go well - and I ended up on the floor.

The ankle did the usual, lovely swelling and bruising.  I borrowed my mother's slippers to wear home from New Jersey as none of my shoes would do.

Last night, a few of my toes were taking turns going numb.  The Asst. Zookeeper said, "Get it checked."  I said, "Yes, sir."  (Stop snorting.  I do occassionally show the man some respect.  Just not often.)

I stopped between classes today to have it x-rayed.  Told the doctor what happened.  He said, "We'll send you for an x-ray and then we'll call you if we see anything.  You don't have to wait while we read the film."

Then I showed him my ankle.  He said, "You need to wait here while we have that read."  Then he put me in one of these contraptions:


Did I mention I was in EBENSBURG and had to drive home in this thing!  Thank heavens for light traffic. 

I think when I'm all done wearing this thing, I'll sign it and give it to my sister as a belated-wedding present.  :)

No comments: