Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Challenge

Last night was the annual Halloween parade in town.  And we had BEAUTIFUL weather.  The Heathens and I, along with the Grandma, headed down town a bit early so that we could find a good spot to watch the festivities.

Only arriving about 15 minutes before start time, we were able to find a spot big enough for the five of us to all see well.  Grandma took a blanket for the Heathens to sit on.  She sat just behind us in a chair.

As the parade was starting, a woman walked up behind us with 5 kids.  One of the kids stepped right infront of Grandma.  Grandma nicely asked her to move.  The woman got NASTY!  I heard my mother-in-law.  She was polite when she asked the girl to move.  The woman accused the Grandma of using a nasty tone of voice!  Wow.  Okay, lady.

Then the women told all of her children to sit INFRONT of my children.  So I told her that my kids weren't able to see.  And I got the "look of death."  So she moved them to our left and put them in front of other people. 

As the parade started, my Heathens sat forward onto their knees because the woman's kids were practically out in the street blocking their view.  Behind us, in comes two women with a stroller and a toddler and pushed the stroller ONTO the blanket where my kids are sitting.  Then they start telling this toddler to "git out there" to get them some candy!

I asked them to move the stroller so that I could get the blanket out from under it.  And SHE YELLED AT ME!  That my kids weren't even sitting on the blanket and I had NO RIGHT to have it there.  It was a FREE COUNTRY and she could do whatever she wanted.  I commented that it was obviously a free country and she was free to be as ignorant and rude as she wanted.  (At this point, I was fed up.  But I will admit, I should have just kept my mouth shut.)

She asked me if I wanted to "go at it" after the parade!  Really? Are we in middle school?


At this point, Heathen #2 was crying because his mother and his grandmother are going to get beat up.  And Heathen #1 is offering to "take her" for me.  Heathen #3 was oblivious in his quest to get candy from the parade people.

As the parade continued, these women continued to push this toddler into the street to get them candy!  He MIGHT have been two.  It was ridiculous!  And then, one of the women (who was about my age) went up to the curb, held out her hand, and started asking the parade people for candy for HER!

Really?

Next year, I hope it's cold and snowy for the parade.  The crazy people will stay home!

No comments: