Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hippo Eggs

Today, the Heathens woke early (only by FORCE) to attend Heathen #1's swim meet.  To their utter delight (and my HORROR), it was snowing.  AND it was STICKING!

By the time we made it out of the swim meet, there was approximately 6 inches of snow.  On the way home, I had to stop and take some photos on Ligonier Mountain.

Taken at summit on Route 271.

Taken at summit on Route 271.

Taken at summit on Route 271.

Taken at Laurel Highlands trailhead on Route 271.

Taken at Laurel Highlands trailhead on Route 271.

Taken at Laurel Highlands trailhead on Route 271.

The snow was gorgeous, white, and clean.  Despite the whining of the tired Heathens, I snapped a lot of photos.  These were my favorites.

But that isn't the good part of today...  THAT would be too NORMAL.  And we all know that NORMAL and ZOO go together like water and oil....

After arriving home, the younger two Heathens played outside in the snow.  I know, SHOCKING!

Heathen #3 informed me of what they made in the snow after I mistakenly asked about the snowmen in our yard.  There were 4 "figures" in our yard.  I was informed that only 2 of the 4 were snowmen.

The other two were a "hippo and a hippo egg."  Really?

And when I was then STUPID enough to guess which snow lump was what, I was informed.

THIS is the hippo!

THIS is the hippo egg.  Can't you tell?
HOW could I have not known?  What kind of mother am I?  On the way back into the house, I promised to pay more attention instead of "just guessing" because I was not a very good "guesser."

I responded with an apologetic sounding, "Yes, sir." and headed into the house.

No comments: