Sunday, March 28, 2010

Baggies and Birthdays

Last week, on Sunday, March 21st, the Asst. Zookeeper accomplished something that many of us who know him NEVER thought he would manage - he survived long enough to reach the age of 30....

Yes, despite some of his better efforts over the years, he made it to this landmark birthday. I thought long and hard about what I was going to give him this year. The Heathens didn't provide any good ideas for the first time ever. I was really beginning to panic that I wouldn't think of anything with which to mark this auspicious occasion. And then it hit me...

It was the perfect idea! He would never forget it. He's been saying for years that it would be the very last thing he would need on Earth. It didn't require any special shopping, it was already purchased and in the house! The perfect gift for the Asst. Zookeeper was...

... a Ziploc baggie.

To anyone who's known him, it makes sense! He's said that was all that would be needed to pick up the pieces that were left of him when he finally croaked. He always said a coffin would be too big! So I gave the man a sandwich baggie for his 30th birthday. :)

No comments: