Thursday, February 7, 2008

Falling Bicycles

Poor Heathen #3 was attacked by a falling bicycle yesterday morning - while playing in my living room. To make it worse, it was a Christmas present that attacked him.

Back to the beginning - or, sort of - I picked up the younger two Heathens from the sitter's house at the end of the work day. And Heidi is always conscientious of telling me if the boys acquired any injuries over the course of the day. But she didn't say anything yesterday.

As I was putting a coat on Heathen #3, he pulled up his shirt sleeve and showed me a nasty looking brush burn on his elbow. It even had a good sized lump under it. According to him, it happened in the morning at our house - but I didn't remember hearing any yelling or complaining of injury that morning.

Around bath time, I got the story out of Heathen #3 and I think I finally have it as straight as possible.

For Christmas, Heathen #3 received a SmartCycle from Assistant Zookeeper's parents. It hasn't been plugged in yet. In fact, it only made it out of the box and was assembled this past weekend. It has spent the past few days residing in the living room and being used as a stationary bicycle.

According to Heathen #3, somehow the bicycle fell on him and knocked him to the floor - thus, the brush burn. And somehow the event involved Heathen #1, although I haven't figured that part out yet.

At bath time, I had to apply first aid to an injury that was approximately 12 hours old - and he never said anything about it when it happened. He needed a band aid in the WORST way. And he had to show it to Daddy before bed. And he had to pull up his jammie sleeve so that he could see the band aid. And we couldn't take it off this morning either.

Watch out for falling bicycles - apparently they are dangerous!

No comments: