Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Another Milestone Reached

This year marked another milestone in my "Momma-Life."  The youngest Heathen was finally old enough to join Cub Scouts.  Now all three are fully involved and in uniform.  After spending his entire life (literally) being taken to scout meetings and events, Heathen #3 was impatient for this day to arrive.

And like the crazy-picture lady I am, I had to get the photos to go with it.  I've been waiting several YEARS to have these photos taken.

The 3 Heathens and the Asst. Zookeeper.
These gentlemen are my life.

Heathen #1 is currently a Star Scout
in BS Troop 217.

Heathen #2 is a Webelos I Scout
in CS Pack 217.

Heathen #3 is a Tiger Cub
in CS Pack 217.
Yes, Scouting takes up TONS of time for our Zoo.  Yes, it takes up TONS of my time, even though I'm just one of the mothers.  Yes, it involves evenings, weekends, and summers.

Yes, it has been a true asset to our Zoo.  Yes, it has made our Zoo stronger.  Yes, the Heathens all love it and so does the Asst. Zookeeper.  Yes, Scouting is where I met my best friend.

And, yes, given the choice, I would still sign up the Heathens again.

No comments: