Monday, December 5, 2011

Mother of the Year Nominaton

I am so proud of myself.  And it is COMPLETELY justified. 

Friday was a busy evening at the Zoo.  The younger two Heathens had gymnastics in Richland.  The largest Heathen had swimming practice in Ebensburg.  Both events required Heathens to be there at 5:00 and they are about 20 minutes apart.  And the Asst. Zookeeper was at work.

No worries!  To the rescue, here comes:



I had it ALL figured out!  I'd drop the largest Heathen off for swimming a little bit early.  I told him to pack a book.  Then I could drive back into Johntown to make it to gymnastics on time with the other two.  The Asst. Zookeeper would pick up the oldest on his way home from work - it was perfect.

But it didn't go as planned.  I ended up having to stop for gas on my way home from work in Ebensburg on my way to pick up the Heathens.  This had us running later than I had planned.  We raced to Ebensburg and I only slowed the car enough for Heathen #1 to hop out - reminding him that the Asst. Zookeeper was coming to pick him up.

Then I headed for Johnstown with the other two Heathens in the back seat.

Approximately 10 minutes later, my cell phone rang - it was Heathen #1.  "Um, Mom?  We don't have swim practice here tonight.  Some other team is in the pool."

After quickly calling the swim coach, it was confirmed.  Swim practice had been there on THURSDAY night.  And I had just stranded my oldest in Ebensburg for an hour and a half!

I quickly called the Asst. Zookeeper at work.  He was just getting out of the shower and headed over on the rescue mission.

Meanwhile, the younger two Heathens and I were 15 minutes late for gymnastics due to hitting traffic.

It was so well planned out in my head.  When I win "Mother of the Year" (because I know this event will DEFINITELY put me over the top!) I will invite all of my friends with children!

Now, if you will excuse me, I have an acceptance speech to write...

No comments: