Thursday, April 5, 2012

Yup. It's perfect.

On Tuesday of this week, I was having a long day.  Nothing had gone wrong, it was just a busy day and I was really tired by the time the Heathens came home on the bus.  When they arrived home, Heathen #1 came over to give me a hug as I was washing dishes in the kitchen.  He asked what was wrong and I explained that I was just tired.

He gave me a hug and then announced that he was going to put up my bird feeder in front of my kitchen window where I actually wanted it.

Here's the back story:

When we moved into the new Zoo, there was a dilapidated bird feeder on a pole outside the kitchen window.  As the weather warmed up, birds were flocking to it.  I decided that I wanted to replace it with a new one since I could see the feeder and the birds as I washed dishes.

We purchased a new bird feeder.  When I attempted to put it on the same pole, I ran into trouble.  The pole has a plate across the top and the new bird feeder was made with a spike in the bottom to be inserted into a pole.  So I placed the new feeder out in the yard in a tree stump, but I couldn't see it from my window.

Back to current day:
After fussing with the pole to remove the last of the old feeder, Heathen #1 brought over the new feeder.  He removed the spike from the bottom and placed it on the pole.  But he didn't have a way to attach it.  Here was his solution:

Can you see how he attached it?

BUNGEE CORDS!!!

When he stepped back and I realized what he had done, I laughed hysterically.  He came back into the kitchen with a huge grin on his face.  Walking over to me, he gave me a big hug and said, "Now your bird feeder is where you wanted it."  I practically cried.

When the Asst. Zookeeper came home a hour or so later, I was so proud to show him my new bird feeder.  He chuckled as he looked out my kitchen window.  He said, "Let me guess.  We're leaving it that way."

And I said, "Yup.  It's perfect."

No comments: