Friday, December 16, 2011

Collar Embarassment

The Dogs went to Petco for their monthly "spa" day.  I take them to Petco for two reasons.  First, the Dogs are both big enough to be a pain to bathe at home without making the whole Zoo smell like wet dog.  And second, I hate smelling like a wet dog after I finish bathing them!

"Spa" day is one of the Dogs favorites.  It combines some of their favorite pass times: car rides, water, attention, and snacks.  When I pull in at Petco, they start whimpering in the back because I won't take them inside fast enough.

This is what I found when I picked them up a few hours later:

Duchess
Bantley

They turned my Dogs into poodles!  Usually, the Dogs come home with a bandana tied around their necks.  The bandanas they love - if you take them off before they fall off, the Dogs will whimper.  The frilly collar was in place of the bandana for the holidays.

My Dogs look like lapdogs - but they love the collars!  Heathen #1 took it off Bantley, who promptly tried to stick his head back into it!

Here's the best part: instead of looking ferocious when they play, they look STUPID!





As each of the Heathens arrived home from school, I heard from the front door, "Momma, WHAT is on the dogs?"  Looks like I'm not the only one to think they look ridiculous.


No comments: