Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pretty in Pink

Today at the elementary school is "Wear Pink for Cancer Awareness Day."  Today is Wednesday.  We found this out on Monday.  And, of course, my Heathens do not own anything pink (unimaginable as that is).

They arrived home from school on Monday in a whirlwind of anxiety.  They ALWAYS participate in the "wear this whatever" days that the school concocts to torment mothers.  My personal favorite so far was when we were given two days notice last year that the children should dress up as their favorite storybook character for Dr. Seuss's birthday.  Yeah, two days notice.  It wasn't pretty, but I managed it.

After the Heathens declared that none of my pick shirts were acceptable, I had to PROMISE that I would buy them a shirt to wear.  And pants.  And socks.  And pink shoes if I could find them.  Have I ever mentioned that the Heathens don't believe in doing anything half-way?

Tuesday morning I was in the local WalMart in a section foreign to me: the girls' section.  Go figure, I had no idea how it was laid out.  I've never even walked through it before!  I located pink t-shirts and pink sweatpants.  No pink socks.  Really?  But I located them in the women's section.  I had to purchase TWO packages of women's socks to get two pink pairs.  There were no pink shoes to be found - yes, I actually looked.


Heathens #2 and #3 were very excited for school this morning!

The pink outfits!

Don't forget the socks, Momma!
(PS - my child is not holding his crotch,
he is pulling up his pant legs so that his
socks are visible!)

These are the girls at our bus stop.  We have a great crew of
kids in our neighborhood.  There are also two boys.  Both boys
refused to wear pink today despite their mothers offering.

No comments: