Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sky Lanterns

Heathen #2 asked me the other day if I had added a post about his sky lanterns - and I had to admit that I hadn't gotten to it yet.  Here is the post I promised him!

Heathen #2 is part of a FANTASTIC cub scout den.  It is full of great boys and fantastic parents.  They do all kinds of really cool projects together.  This year, the coolest was definitely the sky lanterns.

Anyone who has seen the movie Tangled recognizes this image:

 Our boys built and flew their own lanterns.  The images aren't the greatest but they definitely show what the boys accomplished.  The boys did a fantastic job and the lanterns were amazing to watch! 
A completed lantern

Heathen #2 is ready for flight!

Lighting the fuel source.

Letting the air warm.

We have lift-off!

Up...
Up...
And away!

No comments: