Thursday, August 13, 2009

Don't Shave Me BLONDE!

Last night, Heathen #3 decided that he was going to trim his hair - by himself, without telling anyone. He got the Asst. Zookeeper's beard trimmer out of the vanity in the bathroom, and took three swipes over his head. One above each ear, and one right in the middle over the top.

The entertaining part of the whole thing is that the trimmer only held enough charge for him to make those three swipes and then died.

He came down the steps to find me and informed me of what he had done, ending with the comment, "Doesn't it look nice, Momma?"

Since the trimmer was already dead, I plugged it in to charge so that I could do something with his new style. I made the comment that I might just have to shave him bald - which the other two Heathens picked up on right away.

So, this morning, I sat him down in the bathroom so that I could fix his hair. There was no saving it. The damage was done. I told him I would have to shave his head very short and he would just have to wear a hat outside for a few weeks. He burst into tears and cried, "Don't shave me BLONDE!!!!"

It's hard to shave a child's head and laugh all at the same time. But we managed. He was a little upset with the new 'do until I put him into the tub and explained how much easier it would be to wash. Shorter hair meant less "rinses" with the cup. Then we were good to go!

No comments: