Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Looking Back at Gavin

And today is Heathen #2's birthday! He's finally 6! He's filled a whole hand and moved onto the second hand.

I was so excited when I found out I was pregnant with Gavin. Even though we already had Tristan, I felt like we would finally be a "family" once Gavin was born. Which really makes no sense since we were a family as soon as Tristan was born. Gavin gave me more of a sense of completeness.

What a challenge this child has been. This is the child my mother always wished on me. Stubborn to a fault. Always knows the answer. And will ALWAYS have the last word, even if it kills him.

He's also one of the most loving little boys I know. When he chooses to be, that is. And he never leaves for school without giving me a hug and a kiss. He loves telling me what he did at school during the day and showing me all of his papers. He glows when you give him praise.

I can't imagine life without fighting with Gavin daily. It would be too easy. And way too boring.

No comments: