Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bowling with 6 year olds

We had a bowling party for Gavin and his classmates. Of the 15 kids in his class, only 7 were able to come. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I happened to be fairly sick that day. Dealing with the 8 of them was about as much as I could handle.

The kids all got to bowl for one hour. Our bowling alley put out the bumpers to prevent gutter balls. And they also gave us ramps for the kids to us. They could roll their balls down the ramp and onto the lane so that they had a little more speed. They kids thought that was great - for the first half hour. Then no one wanted to bowl anymore.

I had forgotten how fast kids that age get bored with something. My Heathens will bowl for well over an hour, but that's with family. The party crew decided that they were going to play hide-n-seek. And they managed it pretty well without getting under any one's feet or causing trouble.

Here's the song bit:

I love how he's holding his breath forever while he waits for us to finish singing. And the declaration of "I'm 6!" at the end was really cute. I love birthdays.

No comments: