Friday, April 18, 2008

Almost a Dozen

It's just shy of a dozen years that I've spent with the Asst. Zookeeper. Next month, it will be a full dozen - unbelievable.

We're both still living and still love to spend time together. Neither of us have any scars. Which, at times, is truly amazing.

He's still the same guy that took me out that first time. He's still laid back and easy going. He still loves to have a good time. And he's still sweet.

Several weeks ago, I commented on a Sunday afternoon that the van was in need of having its brakes changed. It was around 4 pm. He leaves for work at 6pm on Sundays. He spent most of his last two hours before work changing the brakes on my car. I remember thinking he was crazy. It didn't need done that day. And that wasn't what I intended when I made the comment. But I was strangely touched by his willingness to do that for me. I think that's proof that I'm married. :)

Today, he has the night off. It's his week to only work 5 nights instead of 6. He picked me up at work and took me to the bulk mail drop off and then we went and had lunch. Just us.

He picked me up in the Fiat - that I named Charlotte as soon as we bought her. I let him drive. I know he would have let me if I wanted too, but I enjoyed watching him drive. He loves that car as much as I do, possibly more. But he bought her for me in October so that I would have a toy.

How many guys are worried about their wives having fun? He said that he had his motorcycle and that he knew I wouldn't be able to have one for several years yet - at least until Heathen #3 was a few years older. And he wanted me to have a toy of my own. And he bought Charlotte for me. I remember being surprised that he was so worried about me having a toy of my own.

Here's to the Asst. Zookeeper - I'm a lucky gal.

No comments: