Thursday, February 14, 2008

Zoo Errands Add Up

Sometimes I wonder how I possibly use as much gas as I do - driving between 250 and 300 miles per week though, it adds up. But, to put this into perspective, lets see how much I drove in the past 24 hours.

Yesterday I left work right around 5pm.

Left work and picked up Heathen #3 at the sitter's house.
Drove to pick up Heathen #1 at Youth Club.
Went to a friend's house to pick up frozen food items I had purchased.
Finally drove home. (approx. 5 miles total)
Left home and took Heathen #2 to the pediatrician's.
Went to pharmacy to fill the prescription we had just received.
Drove home. (approx. 20 miles total round trip)

This morning:
Left home and drove Heathen #3 to the sitter's.
Took Heathen #1 to the pediatrician's (stopping on the way to fill the gas tank).
Went to WalMart.
Picked up ink cartridges at cartridge World.
Took Heathen #1 to school.
Went to the pharmacy to fill Heathen #1's prescriptions.
Picked Heathen #2 up at kindergarten and took him to the sitter's.
Finally arrived at work (this was around noon). (approx. 25-30 miles)
Left work at 5 pm and dropped Valentine's at my nieces' house.
Picked up Heathens #2 and #3 at the sitter's.
Went home to pick up the Assistant Zookeeper.
Took everyone with me to go to the YMCA and pick up Heathen #1 from swim team.
Drove to do shopping and go to dinner in Richland (which involved stopping at three separate places).
And drove home again. (approx. another 30 miles)

So I'm going to estimate that I just drove approximately 85 miles in the past 24 hours. And I wonder why I always seem to need gas in the mini van. Duh. (** Keep in mind that my sense of distance is not-so-good. But I've still made my point!)

No comments: