Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cookie Monster is BLUE

Two nights ago, after I put the three Heathens to bed, I went downstairs to check my email. After approximately 20 minutes of peace and quiet, Heathen #2 came down the basement steps and informed me that Heathen #3 had a blue marker. (At this point point, imagine me groaning and hanging my head in exasperation).

I followed Heathen #2 back upstairs to see what awaited me. Low and behold, Heathen #3 was sitting on the stairs to the second floor with a blue marker. Upon flipping on the hall light, I was greeted by a two-year-old who had blue palms and a BLUE NOSE. Holding is palms up beside his face, he seriously informed me that, "Cookie Monser is boo!"

I should probably mention at this point that he was wearing a bright blue hooded sweatshirt that has a Cookie Monster face on it and he had the hood pulled up. He was also wearing blue pajama pants. He was completely blue - including his skin! And he was absolutely correct, Cookie Monster is blue.

Thank heavens it was washable Crayola marker! Otherwise, he'd still be blue. I wanted to take a picture, but I was trying to be all "mom" about it and we talked about only coloring on paper. But I really wish I had taken the picture first.

No comments: