Thursday, January 31, 2008

Evidence of "Making Crafts"

Gavin is currently into "making crafts" - as he calls it. Basically, it involves cutting every bit of paper in the house into confetti sized pieces and leaving them everywhere. You can follow him through the house just as you could follow the path of a ticker tape parade. Here is the evidence that Gavin has been "making crafts":
No catalog that arrives in the mail is safe. He has some of them cut apart before they've even been inside the house for more than 2 hours. When a paper item is missing, I always know who to ask. Just like I always know who to ask where my scissors and my scotch tape are - always Heathen #2.

However, he is unable to "make crafts" by himself. He has to include Landon. And by "has to" I do mean HAS to, whether Landon is willing or not. At some point in the "making crafts" activities, Landon discovered that you could color with crayons. And he discovered that crayons work on LOTS of different surfaces. Here's the first bit of evidence that I found:

I also found evidence on several wall and on the top of the laundry hamper. I'm planning on repainting most of my second floor - sooner than I had originally thought.

Apparently, Heathens #2 and #3 were having a craft session while I was in the basement doing laundry. I thought the two little Heathens were watching cartoons, because they were quiet and they weren't pestering me ("Mama, whatchyoo doin?" - per Heathen #3). And I was wrong. Too bad it hasn't become a decorating trend to have crayon, marker, or pencil scribbles on walls (or other household objects). Otherwise, my Heathens would have made me a trendsetter.

No comments: