Monday, February 15, 2016

8 At ONCE!

At the beginning of November, Kohl's was holding a great sale with a rebate on small appliances.  And I saw an electric griddle - something the Asst. Zookeeper has talked about for years, but we could never find one exactly like he wanted (his specifications were exact).  This griddle was everything that he wanted.  So I bought it with the intention of saving it for Christmas.

I gave it to him long before Thanksgiving and didn't give him anything at Christmas.

He was so happy to be able to make 8 grilled cheese sandwiches at once that he could hardly contain himself.  I was summoned to the kitchen to witness the "awesomeness" of 8 grilled cheeses happening at one time!



All I could think of was the Brave Little Tailor with Mickey Mouse when he's so excited about killing flies, but everyone things he's talking about giants:



King: Did you kill seven [giants] with one blow?
Mickey: Uh, yes, your honor, and how!
King: ...well, how?
Mickey: I was all alone, I heard them coming, I looked up, and I was surrounded!
King: Yes?
Mickey: They were here, there, everywhere! A whole bunch of them! They came at me from the right, the left, right, left, left, right!
King: Yes, yes, go on!
Mickey: They were coming closer! The fight was on! I swung and missed! I missed and swung! I swung again and again and again! They were right on top of me!
King: And then?
Mickey: And then, I let 'em have it!
Mickey Mouse

Last weekend, he made French toast and I heard him talking to himself in the kitchen, "Look at THAT!"  And I knew that he was again using his griddle.

So if anyone hears my Asst. Zookeeper talking about "8 at once," please know that he was not out slaying giants.  He was making dinner - for which, I am ever grateful.


No comments: