Friday, June 12, 2015

Flight Bug Bites Again

After spending hours listening to the Asst. Zookeeper talk about his flying lessons, Heathen #1 wanted to try flying. He thought his father was setting up for him to do a ride-along during one of his lessons - like the younger Heathens had done. Heathen #1 was wrong.

The Asst. Zookeeper set up a flying lessons for Heathen #1. 

Yesterday, Heathen #1 sat in the pilot's seat for the first time. I strongly believe a new addiction was born. 

The Asst. Zookeeper, the flight instructor, and Heathen #1.

Pre-flight.

In the pilot's seat and the prop is turning!

Headed for the runway!



Take off!

And, for those of you panicking at the thought of a 17-year-old flying, YES, my heart was in my throat.  But his instructor has logged more than 5000 hours as an instructor.  I've flown with this man and was very comfortable.  My Heathen was in safe hands.

Besides, how will the Asst. Zookeeper and I ever reach the "empty nest" stage if we don't teach the Heathens to fly? (Sorry - had to do it.  It was TOO GOOD to pass up!)

No comments: