Monday, April 15, 2013

Perfect Gift from Texas

As my brother and his family live in Texas, I travel there once or twice a year.  Sometimes for an event, sometimes for no reason other than to visit.  I usually travel alone to Texas for several reasons.  First, the cost of flying five people to Texas for a weekend is simply ridiculous.  Second, I avoid pulling the Heathens out of school as much as possible.  And, third, sometimes I just need some time to not be "Momma" for a day or so to be able to recharge.

My Heathens all own multiple Texas t-shirts.  So, I was looking at a dilemma when I headed for the airport this time around.  The younger two Heathens, in particular, were rather upset that I was leaving for the weekend.  They asked me to bring them something.

I scoured all the airport shops looking for something that stated it was from Texas that the Heathens would really like.  After several hours or t-shirts, key chains, cowboy hats, and plastic boots, I hit the jackpot and spotted these at a register:



To make them even MORE perfect, they were available in the three colors I've used for my Heathens since they were born (blue for Heathen #1, green for Heathen #2, and yellow for Heathen #3)!

The Heathens were happily grossed out by them.  Heathen #3 even waited to be able to take his to school and show his teacher.  Now, how to top scorpion lollipops on the NEXT trip to Texas....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: