Monday, October 3, 2011

Coffee for the Shower

My mornings begin the same way that mornings begin for other mothers.  I have to drag myself out of bed so that I can BOMB my Heathens out of bed on time.

Heathen #1 is not friendly in the morning.  At the Zoo, waking him up is referred to as "poking the bear."


Waking up Heathen #3 is taking your
own life in your hands.

Heathen #2 pops out of bed like fresh daisy in the morning.  Many times, he wakes me up.  "Momma, it's 6:30 and you aren't out of bed yet.  We are gonna be LATE."


Heathen #2 wakes up on his own and is
disgustingly cheerful.

Heathen #3 is somewhere in the middle.  He wakes up pleasant, but he wakes up very slowly and needs to be constantly prodded to get out of bed and dressed.

Heathen #3 has to be dragged out of bed,
but is not physically dangerous like Heathen #1.

After the morning battle has been waged (and WON!), and the Heathens have all boarded their buses and been whisked away to be someone else's trouble for a few hours, I trudge into the kitchen.

I may have already downed about 4 cups of coffee during the morning battle, but I will start a new pot.  And a cup of coffee goes to take a shower with me.  It is delightful to enjoy my coffee in w hot shower, and listen to the silence that has taken over the Zoo...

Recently, I forgot my empty coffee cup on the shelf in the shower.  Heathen #2 went to shower in the evening and brought me the cup.  He wanted to know why I was drinking coffee in the shower.

My response...  because I can.

No comments: