Friday, August 26, 2011

Cucumber Falls & the Waterslides

Tuesday of this week, the Heathens and I headed for Ohiopyle, PA.  We had been out there on Saturday to buy whitewater gear for Heathen #1 and the Heathens decided we needed to go back before school started.  I couldn't have agreed more!

Cucumber Falls is breathtaking.  And because we were there during the week, we had the waterfall and pool at the bottom all to ourselves.
Cucumber Falls from the trail above.

Look how small Heathens #2 and #3 look!

The water was COLD and they couldn't have cared less.

Playing behind the falls.

Heathen #2 chose the pose.

It was a perfect afternoon.


On the way to Cucumber Falls, the Heathens had seen a sign for the natural waterslides.  And, duh, decided that we had to go try it!

Heathen #3 stayed in the slower water.

Heathen #1, with Heathen #2 close behind.

Heathen #2 looked like a prune
when he finally got out of the water.

Heathen #1 had a blast!

I love my Heathens.  I got to sit all day and watch them do what my Heathens do best.
Laugh and play.  Laugh and play.  Does it get any better?

No comments: