Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Asst. Zookeeper WINS!!!

Today was a busy day. It was the first day of Cub Scout Day Camp and I was there with the boys all day. It was scorching hot all day and there was very little breeze. By the end of the day, we were all hot, sweaty, and ready to head for Grandma's pool.

We made it to the pool around 5 pm and I left a voicemail for the Asst. Zookeeper letting him know where we were. He called back a few minutes later and asked where I wanted to go for dinner. I was touched. He knew that the last thing I wanted to do after spending all day at camp was to make dinner. Definitely getting the brownie points!

He arrived at the pool at 6:30 and promptly handed me a medium sized, lime green gift bag. I was very confused. I assumed that he was giving me something that someone had asked him to pass along to me. But I still gave him the confused puppy look. He smiled and said "Happy Anniversary."

And it STILL took a minute to dawn on me. Today was my anniversary and I HAD FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT IT!!!!!! And the Asst. Zookeeper, not only remembered, but had gotten me a present as well!

Needless to say, I was completely mortified and apologized profusely. He smiled, and said that was the best present I could have given him. "I win!" he shouted and then gave a very evil chuckle.

I'm sure I'll never live this down. Nor do I think I deserve to!

Happy Anniversary to the Asst. Zookeeper! :) You are definitely a keeper - even if you did spend the rest of the evening shouting "I win" everywhere we went!

No comments: