Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend - Sunday

Sunday morning, I had a date that requires some explanation.

Saturday morning, my phone rang. It was Skinny Minnie wanting to know if I needed a date for the craft festival this weekend. I had borrowed her to go last year since I don't have any little girls of my own. She wanted to know if I would borrow her again. How do you say no to that?

I picked her up on Sunday morning around 11 am. We trooped over to the festival and spent three hours happily poking through the craft booths. She bought two purses, a ring, and a pin for her teacher for Christmas. She's a serious shopper - those purchases were made with a good bit of thought!

After a slice of pizza and some orange soda, I took her back home. I had a really good time with her. She's fun to spend time with and we always enjoy it.

At home, it was time to round up the Heathens to head for the family holiday picnic. My oldest brother-in-law borrowed a soft serve ice cream machine from a company for the weekend. My Heathens ate themselves sick on ice cream all evening. But who could blame them!

No comments: