Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Rainy Afternoon

It's Wednesday. It's the last full day of school for the older two Heathens - and my last day of relative peace until August returns them to school. :) I'm thrilled to have them for the summer.

Today it's rainy and foggy. I'm just sort of sitting around and wasting the day. I have one cat in my lap and purring like a well-oiled engine. A second cat is visible out the window where she is skulking in the flower beds. A third cat is walking around my feet and winding her way around my legs. Who knows where the other feline is at the moment - my guess is close to the food dish. The Duchess is around the Zoo somewhere as well. She's easier to find - simply say her name, and she appears. Instantly.

The younger two Heathens are playing nicely in the basement. I told Heathen #2 to head out the door for the bus this morning. He said okay and I quit paying attention at that point. This was at 8:15 this morning. At 10:30, he walked into my bedroom and announced that he had missed the bus!!! Apparently, he stayed in front of the morning cartoons and never headed to the bus stop.

If I was a "good" mother - I would have taken him to school as soon as I discovered that he was still home. But, what could he possibly be missing on the second to last day of school? So, he's home with Heathen #3. Thank goodness I never applied for that "good mother" title!

No comments: